Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Site Visit


Old Entry....I already upload all this pic for a week but really not in a mood to write....actually this is the story about my site visit, last 3 weeks.....Site Visit...Yes! Finally!....after working for a year & half, at last I've got an opportunity to visit a site at Tanjung Langsat port which located at Johor.....I went there with my 2 bosses & Gee, my officemate.....actually this site visit was supposed to be joined by engineering team (5 engineers) but because of urgent work to finish at the office, they were not managed to follow.....So just 4 of us & we went there by our office's car (Toyota Innova).....From office to Pasir Gudang took about 4 hours and a half....we arrived at 11.30am & straight away to the office meeting room coz our bosses had a meeting with supplier.....just a short meeting took about 30minutes & guess what, I didn't understand what they were discussed about & my mind just miles away until the one old man in the meeting room started talking about safety rules & regulations in the site area.....wow he really old okay....he looked like 60 or something (my 1st thought, atuk sapa sesat kat sini?) but when he started talking, he really made me interested to listen each word....wahh seriuously.....On that time I knew that they really took seriously about safety, that's y we need to wear safety boot, helmet & even goggle all the time once we entered the area.....ok that's all about the meeting, I don't want to story more.....

Actually this is a big project of Dialog Group Berhad which already took about 2 years (if i'm not mistaken) in designing & constructing.....it is expected to be ready for commercial operations in January next year.....It's still under construction (about 90% have been completed) but terminal & jetty area is already operational so we were not allowed to bring any electronic device such as camera & hp to that area unless we get permit.....That's y I only can took a few picture at the site which still under construction & not yet operating.....

Actually the main activities of the port are petrochemicals and liquid bulk handling, marine support base, processing & storage of petroleum based and liquid bulk cargo & international cruise center.....My boss said, this coming January ship will start to arrive at the port & using the berths to transfer oils from the ship to terminal & tanks.....I want to story more detail but without a picture I don't know how to explain....haha....ok la...lets see the site area....

The tanks....this tank will be used to store fuel oils....If i'm not mistaken there are 13 tanks at this area....

Left: The guy who brought us looked around the site....

Yeah! Safety comes first....

It's a nozzles at the tank if u can see it...ermm i dont think u can see it coz i dont see neither....haha......amik pic malu2, cmni la jd nyer....I did the nozzle loading calculations but not for this tank i think.....

More tank....

See the pipes.....

Pipes are everywhere.....my friend did the stress analysis in this piping....


See the white tanks....that is terminal area which I mentioned before that already operated.....It's use to store Naphtha & Middle Distillate.....


Yes....Me....see, I had to wear goggle....I really hate it....looked like SURIA PERKASA HITAM.....& Mr. Razak said this pic is BOROK.....huhu....


Me & Gee.....

Owh forgot to mention about my experience climbed up & down the platform which about 400mm high.....haha....actually not really high but to me it's so difficult okay.....so heavy to pull up my body plus I didn't know the right technique to climb this kind of ladder (see pic).....


Yes.....the ladder is exactly same like this.....

That's all about my site visit.....so tired.....maybe because of the long journey.....We went back to KL at 6pm.....my boss decided to drop by his mom's house at kg Layang2 what so ever, (somewhere in Johor) & finally we arrived at the office at 11.30pm.....huh!

Additional pic:


Suria Perkasa Hitam....haha.....

No comments: